December 04, 2012

Chicken Perfection

Well I am still here and still alive. With a busy life and a busy little boy I find little time or inspiration left for my blog. I am not giving up just taking a break for a while.

The buzz around our house is food. We are trying to cut out all the processed food, and cooking whole natural (organic when we can) food. It's been amazing, we feel better, started losing a little weight, and I love that our 11 month old sits down and eats dinner with us as a family. The major problem is having enough time when I get off work to cook a delicious homemade meal each night. So I am learning short cuts and having fun with it!!!

I had to share my all time favorite recipe thus far, its quick easy and delicious......





Crock Pot Chicken Recipe


  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 chicken
  • 1/2 lemon
  1. Put all the dried spices in a bowl and mix. Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over, inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts. Put 1/2 lemon in the cavity of the chicken.
  3. Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. 
  4. Cook for 4 – 5 hours or until the chicken is falling off the bone. 


What started this real food kick?? I stumbled upon this fantastic blog "100 days of real food", fell in love with the food at our local farmers market, signed up for clean eating meal plan called Emeals, and read this amazing book "French Kids Eat Everything". 




No comments: