June 25, 2010

Deviled Eggos

I made a trip to the antique store on my way home yesterday and pickup an old milk glass devil egg tray. My man loves deviled eggs so last night we put my $10 purchase to good use right away. I wanted to share my recipe with you guys. It's from Tyler Florence but I like to add a little relish and substitute a little paprika for the salmon caviar for garnish.



Curried Deviled Eggs

6 eggs
3 tablespoon mayo
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon relish
salt and pepper to taste
Paprika and chives for garnish

Boil eggs, let sit in hot water for 15 minutes then run under cold water. Peal egg shells and cut eggs in half lengthwise. Take out egg yolks and mix in a processor with mayo, mustard, curry, lemon juice, and relish. Salt and pepper to taste and fill the eggs with mixture. Garnish with paprika and chives.



Easy peasy and a favorite around my house!!!! We went to the farmers market on Saturday and I got two dozen fresh organic eggs. I love how yellow the egg yolks are!!!




No comments: