December 30, 2010

Blue Christmas


I was not going to even put up a Christmas tree this year but my sister gave us her old tree with all the lights and even had her kids make ornaments for us, so I figured I had no excuse to be a scrooge. I spent a few bucks on teal blue ornaments and ribbon and I must say I am pretty proud of my free tree.

My niece and nephew make these cinnamon ornaments every year and I love them!!!


Scented Cinnamon & Applesauce Ornaments

3 cups ground cinnamon
3 cups applesauce
3 tablespoons white glue

Mix the cinnamon, applesauce and glue together until it is thick enough to hold a form when cut with a cookie cutter. Let stand for 30 minutes. Flatten the mixture on a flat surface with wax paper and cut with any shape cookie cutter.


Place cookie shapes on a cookie sheet and allow to dry for 3 to 4 days depending on the size and thickness of the shapes. Turn cookie each day to dry each side. They shrink as they dry. Make a hole for hanging the ornament with a toothpick before drying. Cut lengths of ribbon to hang the ornaments on your tree.

Hope you and your families had a blessed and Merry Christmas!!!!!




No comments: