March 30, 2012

Patio Drapes - Yes Please...

A friend of mine asked me the other day what I thought of curtains outside. Without any hesitation I said YES!!! I love the cozy intimate feel it brings to a patio and they can actually become pretty useful. You can use them to block the sun or add a bit of privacy to your outdoor space.

My only suggestion was to make sure and use a fabric that is durable or made for the outdoors. While a nice interior fabric will look great chances are it won't last very long or hold up in the outside elements.

Here is some inspiration for my friend to help get her dear husband on board with the whole idea of hanging drapes in the patio room......


I know this is totally unrealistic but just to die for....

Even Pottery Barn is on the outside tract...


Alright lets get real. If you really want the husband on board you have got to look for ways to save the old Benjamin Franklins. Finding a cheaper way to experiment with curtains outside is a must, because lets be honest - who really has the money to throw outside. If I had a covered patio that was screaming for drapes I would find myself looking in the paint section at Home Depot for some drop cloths that are cheap, durable, and already hemmed. Ten bucks for a large panel - yes sir $10 buck a roos. Get a long metal pole (maybe from the fence section) to mount it to the patio. I tell you for around $100 bucks you could get a fabulous looking elegant patio......


Here are drop cloth drapes from the Letter Cottage blog....


Who would have thunk it!!!! Drop cloths??? Really.
Sigh - I want a covered patio now!!!



No comments: