January 10, 2011

Dreaming With My Eyes Wide Open...

I know that our kitchen renovation will come in due time but some days are harder to wait than others. Today is a "not so patient day" for me. So to keep my mind occupied I am making a list and getting quotes for that special day when we can actually start the process. I figure if we work in baby steps we can get it done without a shock to the bank accounts. So here are my baby steps.

Baby Step 1 - The kitchen sink!!!! Stainless steel, 30" zero radius under mount sink from ebay with a cost of $295.



Baby Step 2 - The faucet from Price Pfister in tuscan bronze (or maybe a brushed nickel finish) Marielle for $182.77



Baby Step 3 - Ocean black granite countertops from a local dealer (I am waiting on a price quote from them but we don't have a huge countertop space - fingers crossed hoping it will be cheap around $1,000).



Baby Step 4 - Off-white subway tile backsplash from Lowe's. I am guessing that it will cost around $300 for the materials and I can install this myself. (Don't worry I have done it before).



Baby Step 5 - Stianless steal Whirlpool dishwasher to match our refrigerator for $417.05




Baby Step 6 - Whirlpool Over-the-range microwave oven in stainless steal for $241.88



Baby Step 7 - Whirlpool freestanding electric range in stainless steel for a whopping $889.53



Baby Step 8 - PAINT!!!! Upper cabinets with Benjamin Moore Linen white and the lower cabinets with Farrow & Ball Mouse's Back. I would be the "hired" painter for the job and I work for free!!! Total cost about $50.



Baby Step 9 - New cabinet pulls and knobs. I need a total of 5 pulls and 15 knobs. They average around $3.00 per hardware at a total cost of $60.




Total cost of kitchen renovation: $3,500!!!!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good!! I wish you luck on the time frame of the renovation!!
Pam

Dona Simon said...

Hey, have you ever checked with Habitat for Humanity in Lafayette? Builders/Contractors donate left over materials to them and they sell to the public. They have some wierd hours and I wished I had known about them when we were renoing the house but they might have something you could use for cheaper. I didnt even know we had one around here, at the time I found it-public consumers were able to purchase, it's worth a try. Hope it helps you get closer to your goal.

Dona Simon said...

Hey, do you have any ideas about wall decor that is unique and not your typical hang a picture kinda thing? Im having problems or at least it's taking me time to find stuff. Im up for pretty much anything, the wierder the better.

Anonymous said...

Planning never hurt anyone. At least when you're ready to dish out the $$$$ you'll know exactly what you want!

Clare

Amy said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! It's going to be awesome!

Ann Marie said...

Thanks for the tip Dona - I will defiantly check them out. Check Etsy.com for some art - they have original stuff that is really cool.