November 17, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I was told to bring deserts to our little Thanksgiving gathering, and since I am the cook I get to pick what goes in my oven next Thursday (yes Thanksgiving is only a week away). Sweets have become the vain of my existence throughout this pregnancy, so everyone will be lucky if half these cookies actually make it. Who can go wrong when you mix peanut butter and chocolate - perhaps two of my favorite ingredients.

And for the husbands favorite desert I might mix him up a batch of THESE to bring along with us to visit the family. But back to my little heavenly blossoms.........



Ingredients:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda

Extra sugar
48 milk chocolate chips


Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from heresy kisses. Mix together all ingredients expect the heresy kisses and extra sugar for rolling cookie ball.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.

Let cool and enjoy!!!!








No comments: