February 04, 2011

Hey Good Lookin

What you got cooking? We love fish in our house, that means that we eat grilled, broiled, baked and sautéed fish about three times a week. During the weekdays we try and stay on the healthy side of eating so this recipe comes in very handy in a pinch. It's hard trying to make the same fish taste different and nutritious week after week. This is one of my favorite recipes partly because I LOVE spices and easily had these in my spice rack and partly because I love good salmon.


Indian Spiced Salmon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
salt and ground red pepper to taste
4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
lemon


Preheat broiler. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over fish. Combine all 4 spices and rub evenly over salmon, add salt and pepper to taste. Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil and broil for 7 minutes. Remove foil and broil an additional 4 minutes.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, that looks AMAZING!! I haven't really cooked with those spices before and I LOVE Salmon. I cannot wait to try this!! Thanks:)