December 02, 2009

Mickey Blue Eyes

My favorite niece in the whole world has the most beautiful big blue eyes. I think she sometimes gets tired of me telling her how beautiful she is but I really can not help myself. Last night we took a few pictures in front of the Christmas tree to send cards out to friends and family. I did a little editing on one of the photos to bring out her already blue eyes.

The first picture on the left is straight out of the camera (SOOC), the picture on the right is a little photoshop action I like to call "Bring on the Eyes!" I sharpened the pic up a little, cropped the bottom, and touched up her smile and voila - can everyone say with me SHAA BABY!!!

Their are many different ways to make eyes pop in photoshop. One of the easiest ways is:
1- Zoom in on just the eyes and use the lasso tool to trace around the eye.
2- Click "Select" and "Feather" and enter the number 10 (helps blend the lines).
3- Click "Filter" and "Unsharp Mask" then slide the bar to slightly sharpen.
Be very careful not to sharpen the eyes to much or you subject will start to look like they are from another planet. The 10% of photoshop that I actually understand has become highly addictive for me. The other 90% is just down right frustrating.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That child is beautiful!! I've seen pics where the eyes "pop" and love that effect!

Thanks for all the photoshop cheat sheets:)