May 25, 2010

Green Space

Every year I plant fresh herbs, and they are all in full growth!!! So much so that I can not use them up fast enough. My basil is starting to flower so I had to cut it back and put it to use. My favorite recipe is a fresh homemade pesto sauce.


Fresh Basil Pesto

1 cup fresh Basil Leaves (packed)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
1 medium Garlic Clove, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Add basil, pine nuts, and garlic and pulse a few times in a food processor. Slowly add the olive oil until blended. Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper and pulse again until blended.

The possibilities are endless for the use of pesto sauce. Serve with any pasta, with steamed zucchini or squash, with baguettes, on bake potatoes, with chicken. I love mixing a little mayo and making a spread for sandwiches.

Here are a few more herbs growing strong.......

Mint around my lime tree

Parsley

My fountain that needs fixing.


No comments: