February 12, 2010

Ikat It

Let me start this post with a confession: I am addicted to throw pillows. While I realize that this is not as bad as being addicted to other illegal or highly expensive things it is still a problem. The top of my closet is filled with little throw pillows that have been replaced by my habit of buying a better one. With that said I have brought my nasty little habit to Britt's house and yes one of his closets has the beginnings of being filled with pillows. So back to the reason behind this: finding throw pillows for this brown sofa has been nothing short of a thorn in my side. I have tried and tested many different styles and pillows but nothing worked like the image I had in my head. It's been almost a year and still not the perfect choice, but some good ones.....


Ikat believe it, think I may have found the solution to my design dilemma on ebay. I found this beautiful fabric that I will re-cover some of my "old" pillows with. It's Victor "Barbados" Ikat-design upholstery fabric.


Ikat is a style of weaving that uses a process kinda like tie-dye on the threads before the are woven. This process creates these amazing designs seen in the fabrics below. When used in moderation Ikat fabric can turn a boring room into something to talk about. Here are some of the professionals using this fabric in rooms.




No comments: