February 02, 2010

This I Promise

I am feeling so blessed and so in love today. All the wedding planning in going smoothly (knock on wood with me - do it!!). Our date is confirmed for a lovely Saturday afternoon in August. Missing the presence of my parents through all this is the only ache in my heart. I would love to see the look in my dad's eyes as he walked his baby girl down the aisle, and I would give my left hand to have my dad shake Britt's hand just once. And my mother, just to see her smile at the fact that I have finally found the perfect partner for my life's adventure. I am comforted by the knowledge that they will both be there in spirit watching from above. Life is so uncertain and the plans we have for our lives are not always in accordance with the plans of God. But through all the uncertainty I know that the only thing that I can promise is to love beyond measure. I found these poems/quotes I wanted to share with you. Image below are via DigiPics Photography, make sure you check out their blog, they will be with us on our wedding day taking some more amazing pictures of us!!!!!! Enjoy.




"Doubt thou the stars are fire; dount that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die. Till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old." - William Shakespeare


I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold;
I cannot promise you an easy pathway
That leads away from change or growing old.
But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's ever true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.
Yes, I'll Marry You.


There are three things that last : faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
-1 Corinthians 13:13





No comments: