September 16, 2011

When Food Works

My dear friend has started a food blog, and it's amazing. She has inspired me many times to jump out of my comfort zone in trying new foods, not to mention her out of this world cooking abilities. I guarantee her recipes are A+ and I can not wait to hear all her reviews of the local eating holes we have around town.  

Check out one of her first post about the new restaurant Cochon that opened in River Ranch Thursday by Chef Donald Link. We just got back from lunch and it was beyond superb. Just looking at the menu makes my mouth water. I hope you follow her blog and become inspired like I have. Here is a little excerpt from her blog......




Today is as good of a day as any to start this new adventure and let the whole world into my life as a long time food lover and cook. Some call themselves “foodies”, but I don’t really like that word, a little too trendy…and what does that really mean? Not to knock those that love that term, I just prefer to say simply that I love good food and will cook just about anything. And I can get a little obsessive, like when looking for a piece of pork belly and ending up buying a 60 pound case! Anyone need a piece of pork belly? But it did make a knockout Porchetta…later on that one. Am I sure about opening up my “food life” for public scutiny…not really, but this is a passion that I am willing to share, Anyway, why not! Do what you love and love what you do…isn’t that on some t-shirt somewhere…





No comments: