October 09, 2009

Shopping Trip For Bathroom Makeover


I just painted Britt's master bathroom a wonderful color: Benjamin Moore's Rockport Gray. It is perfect and after months of contemplating the color choice I am so so happy with our decision. Now I am in the decorating phase of the makeover, and I always love to go shopping in the professional rooms to get my ideas. So I am bringing you on my shopping adventure today because I am kinda stuck on going with nickel faucets and knobs, or a mix of bronze and antique brass - HELP!!!!

I painted the vanity an expresso almost black color so I am going back and forth with the idea of the modern nickel accents with a huge black framed mirror like the picture below. 

Valley Oak residents from Brown Design and Flipping Out

OR
Antique Brass knob and pull from Restoration Hardware


With that huge gold mirror above the fireplace


I already found the perfect faucet with the goose neck and cross handles, I got the nod from Britt that he likes it so ebay here I come. But bronze or nickel??





I am finding it nearly impossible to find a shower curtain that I like for the room but I fell in love with these curtains which would go perfect in the bathroom. Can you get out of that picture and into my bathroom makeover???


Renea Abbott powder room in Houston Texas


I have a huge crush on this "Vendome" wall scone from Bourgeois Boheme Antique Store in Los Angeles Calaforina. If only one day, but a girl can only dream.....



Finally as an added bonus I love me some Asian inspired seat/bench/chair in the bathroom. The same place Britt got his bed frame they had a cute little bench like this one. I think it's time for a road trip to Baton Rouge.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, no!! I missed this post somehow!! Is it too late to vote??? I'm partial to the nickel...but that's just me. I find that your eye is better at mine at such things, so whatever you choose I know it will be gorgeous:)