November 24, 2009

I Am Such A Copy Cat

Kids need a funky bright room to call all there own, I think it allows them to be creative. I found this modern boy's room on decorpad.com and it was love at first sight. It is in the Beaux Arts mansion in St. Louis. They have a beautiful large tree mural in the bedroom/playroom on the right wall. The upholstered tan beige bed is wonderful and very poplar. The yellow chair is so fun and really brightens up the room with the black and white striped pillow to accent the chair and pull in the curtains. I like the modern pendant light, but would defiantly suggest more recessed lighting. You can not forget to use and orange accent like she did with the book and flowers on the nightstand. Lime Green, bright yellow, teal, black, orange, all colors totaly outside my comfort zone, but I think for these results I could make it fit.
This one is for you Amy, little Jackers would flourish in this cool creative room in his soon to be new house. Can you just see the letter J with the bird sitting on it.



It's CopyCat time (where I would get the cheaper stuff to recreate this room):

Wall color I love Benjamin Moore Bone White with rug from Target - Shag Rug in winter white, but white rugs in kids rooms are scary to me:



This Trellis Wallpaper from Ballard Designs would be a great alternative:



Bedding from Pottery Barn (and they will do the monograming on the pillows, I am a sucker for monogramed stuff). The teal colored coverlet on the end of the bed is such a great color, I found one at Crate and Barrel very close to the color in the room.



For the curtains I would go with a more leaf or damasks pattern instead of the flowers because its a boys room, I love this fabric on the left from Robert Allen but they have great fabric on ebay for amazing prices. I just got 10 yards of Kravet fabric for curtains in the bedroom for $75 total. On the right is a great curtains from Peir One in the damasks black and white.


The adorable lamps in the room are from Jonathan Adler white giraffe lamps ($395) per lamp - ouch, not gonna happen. He also has horse lamps that are equally adorable. If you are on the same budget as little old me an alternative is Pottery Barn Kids with the duck or elephant and just change out the lamp shade, or just plain white lamps. End Tables are also Jonathan Adler but I would elect to find old matching end tables at a flea market or garage sale and paint them this Vibrant Lime color...



And finally some accents. The stuffed animals, the gator on the side of the bed to catch the boggy man under the bed, this one is from Out of the Toy Box, sooo cute. The oversized zinc letters and I would throw in that vintage rotary phone both from Anthropologie.





2 comments:

Amy said...

Girl! I'm so in love with this room that I have a picture of it on my Iphone....in case I should stumble upon an item to purchase I can easily consult the pic!

I may have to change up the color scheme a bit in order to accomodate the painting (see link below of Jack's old room) but this room is totally my inspiration for Jack's new diggs!

I am way too excited!!!

http://amydeclouet.blogspot.com/2009/05/just-in-time-to-move.html

Ann Marie said...

So cute - his curtains would look great in the room and I love the animal print. His bedding already has the green. LOVE IT!!! I can not wait for you guys to move in.